Tuesday, April 25, 2017

| How to Use Twitter To Promote Your Blog | Twitter Tips |



Twitter was the first social media platform I started using when I first created my blog. It's the best platform to post direct links to your blog posts and it's, in my opinion, the easiest social media platform to meet other bloggers and make new friends! However, in order to get the most out of your Twitter account to insure you're getting your content not only out there on the internet, but also seen by many people, you need to make sure you're using it right! 

I'll also be doing a post like this for Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook so stay tuned!

Here are a few tips to help promote your blog on Twitter!

Follow other bloggers

Sounds pretty obvious, right? Whatever your "niche" is, follow other bloggers who have the same one, follow other people who have the same interest even if they don't have a blog, and follow brands and companies that specialize in what you write about. 

Following other people on twitter is the easiest way to gain more followers. Just be wary of the "follow-to-unfollow" game that goes around almost every single social media platform. People will follow you, so that they'll gain a follow in return, only to unfollow you immediately. Don't play the "follow-to-unfollow" game, people know and you will start to lose followers as well as fellow bloggers' trust. You're allowed to unfollow accounts that you're not interested in, I do it all the time. Just don't follow people to gain a following and then unfollow them once they follow you back, that crap is rude. 

Make friends!

The "blogosphere" is surprisingly a very friendly and supportive place. Don't ever be afraid to say "hi" to other bloggers or comment on their posts! I've made friends with plenty of bloggers this way and we all support each other! 

It may feel like blogging is a competition, but it's not. I've found that the more I support other bloggers, the more they, and others, support me. It's also a good idea to make friends with other bloggers in case you have any questions or need help with anything! 

Remember: "We rise by lifting others".

Interaction & Engagement

Having a high follower count is cool and all, but do you wanna know what's even cooler? Having less followers, but followers that constantly engage and interact with you! I've seen blog accounts with 10,000 followers but maybe 1-2 likes and retweets per tweet and I've seen accounts with less than 1,000 with 3 times the engagement. Now which do you think is better?

You also need to make sure you're interacting with other bloggers on their tweets! Leave a comment, retweet something, give it a like! If someone comments on one of your tweets make sure you reply back. 

Brands love people with a big following, but they love people with a following that's consistently interacting and engaging even more!

Hashtags

Hashtags exist for a reason, use them! Just make sure you're using the right ones. I usually use #bbloggers and #bloggers in all of my tweets. I'll also use #makeup, #beauty, #motd, etc. Just use hashtags that are related to what you're posting.
I heard once that the amount of hashtags you use do matter, so I try to only use three in each post. That way my tweet is getting more exposure but I'm also not coming off too spammy.

Scheduled Tweets

This is something I have yet to do, so I don't have a ton of information about it, but it's highly recommended and I'm planning on starting to schedule my tweets soon. 

Here's the basics. The average lifespan of a tweet is less than 20 minutes, that means the chances of somebody stumbling upon your content decreases greatly after 20 minutes. Now you obviously can't be tweeting something out every 20 minutes, you might not even be able to tweet every hour, especially when you're sleeping or you're at work. That's why scheduling tweets is so important. It allows you to constantly share your content without having to actually physically do it.

There's plenty of apps to choose from for scheduling tweets like Hootsuite and Buffer. Find one that you like and start scheduling those tweets!

NO AUTO DMS!

There is nothing worse than automatic direct messages asking you to read a blog/follow on social media/subscribe to a YouTube channel. They're honestly so tacky, so annoying, and I don't think anyone actually clicks on the links provided in them. I know I sound like a mega bitch here, but this seems to be the popular opinion among other bloggers as well.

There's nothing wrong with promoting yourself, that's why you created a Twitter account in the first place, but if you want to message someone with your links, do it personally. You'll come off less spammy and more like you're actually excited about having a new follower. 




Those are a few of my tips for using Twitter to promote your blog! Now, I'm in no way a social media marketing expert, but I've been using my Twitter account to promote my blog for almost a year now and my stats are increasing, so I figured I'd share with you some of my tips to get the most out of your Twitter account.

Do you have any Twitter tips? Leave them in the comments!

And of course, follow me on Twitter! (I obviously had to promote my own account at the end of this post lol.)  https://twitter.com/heyitsaliquinn :)


Thanks for reading!
Follow me on social media to get updated on when I post next!
XOA!



Instagram: @alii.grigonis
Twitter: @heyitsaliquinn
Facebook: facebook.com/alexandraquinlann




5 comments:

  1. Agree with pretty much everything! Tweeting at different times of the day is helpful for views and I know it's hard because I don't want to be spammy but at the same time since tweets disappear so quickly it's hard to tell how often anyone sees anything! Amen on those stupid auto DMs for real. If people think they make a difference (unless they're personal), they're crazy lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It's great a great read it's important information that people who want to use Twitter for their blog. Thanks for sharing xoxo

    Jay
    blissfulbeautybird.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Agree with everything you've said. I always try to retweet, like and comment on others tweets, it's nice to support one another! x

    Tiffany x www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these tips. I only joined Twitter a few months ago and was instantly put off by those auto DMs. They seem so intrusive and it does not encourage me to follow that person's links x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to have the auto DMS enabled then I realized how annoying it was - so glad I turned them off!
    Happy to have you as a twitter friend <3

    Rae // http://www.raechic.com

    ReplyDelete